Tyler McDonald


I believe that sacrifice is absolutely necessary for heroes to be who they are.  Most heroes sacrifice in many ways, especially time.  Their time of "work" isn't dependent on themselves it is dependent on the world and so that means at any time they may have to drop what they are doing to save the city or the world.  Superheroes' sacrifice a normal life to benefit the lives of others.  They sacrifice their working careers, vacations, studies, girlfriends, family, etc.  This isn't to say they can't have those parts of life, it is just way more difficult to share their time with others in their lives.

            I feel that people don’t sacrifice much when they are younger but as they grow up and gain power and responsibility they are able to sacrifice stuff for others.  For example, as you get older and get a family or have others that depend on you, you are more likely to sacrifice.  Whether you sacrifice family time to make ends meet or vice versa you sacrifice your working career or a promotion to spend more time at home. 

            In my own life I notice my parents sacrificing for me all the time.  My dad has done both of the examples I mentioned above.  He sacrificed a promotion early on in his career to keep us in the same town and house for my entire life.  He also sacrificed spending time at home to work long hours to provide for us.  My mom has sacrificed a lot of time for me to get me where I needed to be for sports or going to friends’ houses before I could drive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog